Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Hope everyone had a fun and exciting Valentine's Day. This year I tried to make Valentine's Day last for almost 2 whole weeks. Instead of the "12 Days of Christmas", I did a "12 Days of Romance" for Chris. It was a whole lot of fun, and challenging sometimes as well. It took some help from others but here is what I did:

1 - 1 red heart shaped balloon that said "I Love You"
2 - A gift card to the movie theatre for 2 tickets
3 - 3 bottles of Chris' lotion
4 - A 4 pack of Monster energy drinks
5 - A bottle of 5 hour energy
6 - The song I walked down the isle to was Tim McGraw's "It's Your Love". It was song #6 on his gratest hits CD. I had the song in his radio with a note telling him to put on song #6. Then after he listened to the song he could get the CD case from under his seat.
7 - 7 things of chocolate
8 - A heart shaped contained with 8 Ferrero Rocher balls (YUM YUM)
9 - 9 heart shaped tree car air freshners
10 - A box with 10 heart shaped chocolate cakes
11 - 11 hearts each with a reason why I love my wonderful husband
12 - Valentines Day! This started out with a scavenger hunt throughout the house. The last clue sent us over to Dave & Cynthia's house. There I had a dozen roses & a Millsap (Utah Jazz player) shirt. There was a total of 12 heart shaped clues to the scavenger hunt & the dozen roses were both for day 12.

We made a nice dinner of cheese fondue & steaks. It was delish!

Chris & the boys got me a handheld cordless dirt devil vacuum (for those quick pick ups in the van), a very cute rug for the front door & knee pads for volleyball. Love my gifts! The boys got candy and a few gifts from Cynthia & Chris's Grandma Bea.

Overall it was a wonderful day. I could have been a little more organized with the dinner planning and gifts for the boys.....but next year I will do better. I also think next year we will ask for either "cupid" or the "Love Bugs" to come to the house :)

No comments: