Monday, December 17, 2012

Sadness

Every single time one of my kids walks out the door, it doesn't even cross my mind that it could be the last time I see them. It is not a thought I even want to entertain. But for some parents, this past Friday, that became a reality. I cannot begin to wrap my head around the cruel and horrific tragedy that recently happened in Connecticut. It is beyond me how someone, no matter their mental state, can harm innocent children. Taking their lives before they have even had a chance to live them.

Everyone, everywhere, says that it will never happen to them. That is, until it does. I can't begin to process the thought of planning your childrens Christmas, to planning their funeral. All these things have left me with a heavy heart for those families. Left me wanting to hug my children a little tighter. Wanting to make sure they know every second of every day that beyond a shadow of a doubt, I love them more than life itself. My children are my entire world, and the reason for living. They make me smile every single day and have taught me an unconditional love that I never knew existed.

With all that in mind, I will be getting my concealed weapons permit. I firmly believe that everyone should have the right to protect themselves, and I would do anything and everything I had to to protect my children, and other innocent people.  I think this is something each and every person should consider doing. Taking the class, and shooting lessons is in my very near future.

On a lighter note, there are only EIGHT more days until Christmas. I cannot wait!! We have been a little slow on the shopping this year but we plan on going this week to finish it up. I just love Christmas. Everything about the season. The giving in everyones hearts. The laughter and joy on my childrens face on Christmas morning. I spend every night from the day after Thanksgiving, until Christmas laying in bed looking out my bedroom window at the lights on my house. Totally in love with Christmas.

And..... then totally ready for summer to arrive the end of January :)

No comments: