Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas

What an amazing Christmas we had. The boys had so much fun with all the activities and things we did. Both of them were SO excited this year for Santa to come.

Every year we go with Kirk & Suzanne and do a kids Christmas party (this year held at Paul & Tracy's house). Every year Santa comes and brings each kid a gift. It was so funny to watch this kids eyes light up when Santa walked through the door. It reminded me of when I was a child, growing up and waiting and watching for Santa.

At first Boston did NOT want to go sit on Santa's lap. So Santa had Brayden come up first, and then Boston saw that it was ok, so he went to Santa.




I just love this picture. Boston is just looking at his brother with so many questions in his head. Like he is making sure it is ok to be sitting with Santa since Brayden is there with him.

Brayden's school put on a short Christmas Program this year. Needless to say, it could of/should of been a LOT more organized than it was. It was cute though. Brayden got up with his class and sang 2 Christmas songs. Then their part was over and we left while Brayden went to his class party.

He said he was embarrassed to be wearing that big bow on his shirt :) Cute boy!

My Dad & Mary came down to spend Christmas with us this year. It was so nice to have them here to visit. I know the kids really enjoyed having Grandpa and Grandma around.

One night Chris & I took them to see the lights at Temple Square. It was my first time going down there as well. It was beautiful. All the lights were amazing to look at (considering Christmas lights are one of my most favorite things to look at). It was a pretty cold night, and there were a LOT of people walking around, but I think going and looking at the lights will be a yearly tradition from here on out. Hopefully next year the boys will actually want to go. This year they didn't, and asked Dave & Cynthia if they could stay with them instead. Little stinks!



Chris, Mary & Dad

I don't care what religion you follow or believe in. I don't think you can look at that picture and tell me it does not look beautiful and amazing.

Every Christmas Eve (when we are in Utah) we spend the evening with Kirk & Suzanne. They cooked an amazing prime rib for dinner. It was SO yummy!! Then the boys got to open their presents from them. They had so much fun.

Both boys got "matching" brother jammies. Here is Boston in his Little Brother jammies

Here is Brayden with his Big Brother jammies

I am a die hard Utah Ute's fan. Well it just so happens to be Kirk & Suzanne are too. So......of course I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Utah sweatshirts. Both boys got one.

After we got home it was a BATTLE to get the boys to fall asleep. Not only did they fill themselves on sugar at Kirk & Suzanne's, but they were SO excited for Santa to come they could contain themselves. I was so annoyed, but I loved it at the same time. It just made me remember what it was like being that young, and having so much anxiety that Santa was coming and bringing me presents!

Well the boys went to bed super late, and decided to get up SUPER early (6:00 AM). They couldn't wait to open all their presents! What kid can?

Boston with his gun from Santa

Brayden got a skateboard from Santa. Now we need warm weather for him to practice and learn how to ride it.

The boys with their "big" presents (they were the biggest sized ones....lol)

It wouldn't be Christmas if the boys didn't get some camo stuff. Both boys got this hoodie from their Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Hemmingson.

Boston with his trains from Mom and Dad

My surprise for the day was for my wonderful husband. He has talked about how the old school (90's) Nintendo 64 was his favorite gaming system, and that James Bond's Golden Eye was his most favorite game. With the help of Bob, I was able to get it for him for a really cheap price off of eBay. Needless to say, it has been played quite a bit since we got it. But I honestly can't wait for my present for him next year, I am already planning and working on it :) I have said it hundreds of times, Christmas is my most favorite holiday ever!

After we got done eating my delish Christmas dinner (my first attempt at making a homemade Honey Baked Ham....which I did amazing at) we went up to Park City to go sledding. The boys had a BLAST and it was such a nice way to end Christmas day, and the last day my Dad & Mary were in town.




























Boston sitting in the tube waiting to go down.














The sledding runs



















Brayden went down the biggest runs he could. He is so much my little daredevil child. He makes me nervous on a constant basis.

Overall we had an amazing and wonderful Christmas time. I hope you all had as good of a Christmas as we did. Now we have a whole year to wait before it comes again.

No comments: