Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Thankful Life

This month, being Thanksgiving obviously, I started a "Thankful Jar" in our house. Each night at dinner we each have a scrap of paper & put something on it that we are thankful for. Then we put them into the jar & on Thanksgiving we will re-read what we all wrote. I love that we are doing this, even though Brayden & Chris are getting annoyed with it, LOL! I have a sign in my house that reads "Blessings Brighten When You Count Them". This is so true. I don't think you can ever really not have many things to be thankful for. So for those of you who read this, here are some things I am Thankful/Grateful for, or things that make me happy.

1. God. Because without him, nothing in this life is possible
2. My wonderful and amazing husband. He is my best friend and my life's companion
3. Our wonderful and amazing children. Yes they can get on my last nerve sometimes but they bring so much joy & laughter into our home. I couldn't imagine life without them in it.
4. My wonderful and amazing parents. (All 4 of them) They have all shaped me into the woman that I am today & they have been there for me in all of my life's struggles.
5. My in-laws. (All 4 of them) They have accepted me and loved me as their own daughter since day one. I know that I can turn to each and everyone one of them if I had a problem. They also helped shape and raise the wonderful man that I married, though at times I hear that was a MAJOR challenge.
6. Football. Yeah I know this is silly but I LOVE LOVE LOVE football. It makes me SO happy to listen to it, and watch the games. Seahawks (Professional) & University of Utah Utes (College) are my teams!
7. Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. It is my go-to winter drink and my obsession. Seriously how can someone not enjoy heaven in a cup.
8. My wonderful and amazing friends. They has stuck by my side through thick and thin. They have seen me at my worst & all deserve the best!
9. Paid off cars. I am so thankful we are in a position that our vehicles are paid off. No we are not financially in the best positions, but we are able to drive our vehicles without having to worry about a payment.
10. Jobs. We both are so very lucky to have jobs that are secure & a steady income. So many out there are struggling with job loss right now. I have 2 amazing jobs (Andy's office & The Children's Place) that I love to go to. I can honestly say I enjoy going to work every day.
11. Education. Granted I wish I had been a little smarted when I was younger & stuck in college, but I didn't. I wanted to play and party. Now it has caught up to me & it is a struggle trying to go to college & working full time & raising a family, but I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to go to school, and better myself for our future.
12. Utah. I love Utah. The State that I live in is such a beautiful place to be. I have all 4 seasons (though Fall & Spring seem to be a tad bit short). I get the hot summers & the snowy winters. I also can drive 45 minutes and be in totally different landscapes, from mountains, to deserts. A little further drive & I can be in Southern Utah and experience the beautiful red rocks!
13. Washington. It will always be my "home". How can you not think that Washington is not the most beautiful place to be? I actually LOVED the rain as well.

Those are just some things I am thankful for. I can't wait for Thanksgiving when we can re-read a whole months worth of blessings in our life! May you all take a moment to sit and think about the blessings you have.

1 comment: